History of George Funeral Home Ltd.
The original building at the corner of Mary and Brown Streets constructed by the Hill family in 1900 was purchased by Percy and Laverne George in 1958. The operation of a funeral home was established at that time to serve the needs of the Bruce Peninsula. The facility has continuously evolved and changed to meet the needs of the community.
As of February, 2006, Stewart and Brenda Simpson assumed ownership of the funeral home and carry on the tradition of compassion, honour and integrity.